what does the panel think of these...?

freeagent

ebay item 220081826519

93_1_bg.JPG

I've seen them on there for a while, I understand how they work, and think its a great idea, but do the panel think its a good idea?

I'm in the market for a new, uprated steering damper, and am considering all options.. I know its expensive, but if its really good, it might be worth it...

any of our Autralian correspondents care to comment....?

I almost bought one some years ago as a bandaid solution to steerig wander on a home built Salisbury front diff with insufficient castor angle. The vendor was honest and told me that although they work, the quality and longevity of the damper left a bit to be desired.

Bill.

Even if you avoid the 'do the work?' question they wouldn't IMHO be a good idea on a vehicle used in mud as the spring would tend to trap mud and stones and could jam the steering. I've used Old Man Emu and been very happy with it.

Even if you avoid the 'do the work?' question they wouldn't IMHO be a good idea on a vehicle used in mud as the spring would tend to trap mud and stones and could jam the steering. I've used Old Man Emu and been very happy with it.

Gleefully going for the cheap shot: :lol:

Be okay on your truck then Will :D