Piece of crap. V8 gurus; please help.

GBMUD

Well I did the Easy Start before I saw these last few replies. I was rather counting on the ES being easy for the plugs to light and therefor heating the petrol and burning it off too.

Either way, I changed the plugs, removed the FP fuse, gave the air filter a dousing of ES and turned the key. It started instantly and ran for several seconds before faltering. I replaced the fuse before it expired and it picked up and ran well - with the cold start injector disconnected.

I have been for a quick spin and all seems well now, it idles smoothly enough. We will see tomorrow morning if it is fully mended... :)

Thanks everyone for the help, fingers crossed it will be OK from here on in - I only want it for a month or so while the Defender gets some TLC and then I will sell it on.

Cheers

Chris

Well done Chris.

22 years of running Rover V8's, yawn, they do like good plugs preferably NGK!

Remember my old P6 with new Unipart plugs (only 500 miles running) and they went t*its up when I was 400 miles from home, fortunately at an MoD range were I was working, with MT facilities and pressure tested the spark plugs which were shot!

Only ever bought NGK after that since all my Honda bikes have had NGK and never a problem!

Real petrol head now.

good to hear its up and working, come on then where are the pics!!!

Pics? This is a nail that I bought as a runabout - I did not think that it needed pics! :) Since you have shown an interest I will post some tomorrow.

Dave; I fitted NGKs. Halfrauds had Bosch too at £20 for a pack of 4!

Chris

Pics? This is a nail that I bought as a runabout - I did not think that it needed pics! :) Since you have shown an interest I will post some tomorrow.

Dave; I fitted NGKs. Halfrauds had Bosch too at £20 for a pack of 4!

Chris

Cheaper than constantly changing those d*mn rubber belts on your diesel!

Damn I said diesel again...............

Hardly Dave

new belt/gaskets less than £40 by a long way :)

Lot quicker changing 8 plugs than removing the front of the engine and getting the drill going through the radiator I seem to remember Tony.........................................!

Well, I went out green laneing in the Range Rover this evening... spent more than the cost of a new Tdi timing belt on petrol then had to come home early as it started raining and I have not got any WD40 in there yet. :P I was surprised how easily road tyres loose traction on wet (OK, very wet) grass.

I will take some pictures tomorrow for the curious. :)

Chris

Hmm, is it only me that's get a blank screen and this message :unsure:

<b>IPB WARNING</b> [2] readfile() has been disabled for security reasons (Line: 309 of /sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php)<br />

looks ok chris, is she still running !! :lol: