8274. wire size?

Hi,

iv just got an 8274 for my hybrid however it hasn't got a rope as the guy is taking the dynema off.

Iv never this winch before in great details and was wondering what size wire i should put back on it just whilst i gather some funds and pay some rent at uni before i buy some rope or should i just not bother paying 20 for wire and just save for the rope, I Know it is alot more safer but i realistically won't be using it heavily for a few more years i think.

There some new 9mm wire of a warn on the bay for £15

Cheers

James

9 will be fine

ask on here though as there are normally loads about cheap

Tangoman had a a couple for sale a short while ago

you'll need a roller fairlead or steel hawse as well.

ps I'd not use wire at all again.

pps if I were you I'd save the £20 towards plasma or similar

Hi,

iv just got an 8274 for my hybrid however it hasn't got a rope as the guy is taking the dynema off.

Iv never this winch before in great details and was wondering what size wire i should put back on it just whilst i gather some funds and pay some rent at uni before i buy some rope or should i just not bother paying 20 for wire and just save for the rope, I Know it is alot more safer but i realistically won't be using it heavily for a few more years i think.

There some new 9mm wire of a warn on the bay for £15

Cheers

James

James,

I've got a roller fairlead and 9mm originally from my 8274. Yours for a tenner.

Dave

If you decide on wire, make sure you only buy NEW. By new I mean NEVER used.

Wire is OK for self recovery if used correctly. It is a bit more suspect in the competitive environment due to the threat it poses to others and the fact it is likely to be used harder and less considerately.

If you can afford to wait, then I would agree with Tony and save for some Plasma.