NCG Tools

Guest WALFY

Guest WALFY

I recently purchased a rivnut tool/rivet gun from a tool shop that was selling stuff at the kit car show in Devon in Jan. Went to use it the other day and the handle broke. Does anyone know of a UK supplier. In the box it lists all the parts as spares with part no. But the company is in Taiwan.

Unfortuanately it was a cash sale and I can't rtemember the name of the company. Any ideas. Have looked at their website but doesn't give stockists anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WALFY

Did a search on tinternet and e-mailed the company direct. Within 2 days had a reply. Asking for pics of the damage, duly sent and they have shipped the new parts to replace the broken bits by courier today FOC.

I can't believe that they will send the parts direct from Taiwan to me for free. Customer service is outstanding. If only other companys adopted the same approach. The world would be a better place.

Guest WALFY

No. Company based in Taiwan.

The tool I got is really good. Does rivnuts upto M12 and also the usual 5 sizes of normal rivets. Hopefully it'll arrive soon so I can get on with the rebuild.

Had a similar experience recently. sent an email asking how I could purchase a fitting kit that we had mislaid for a piece of equipement and got a prompt replay saying a kit was in the post foc. It does give you a warm feeling.

Got any pics/details of the rivnut/rivet tool?

Guest WALFY

Will post pics later when I get it fixed. Not found ny stockists that sell them. I've only seen them at the kitcar show at Westpoint nr Exeter. Not the cheapest tool I've purchased but good none the less.

Will post pics later when I get it fixed. Not found ny stockists that sell them. I've only seen them at the kitcar show at Westpoint nr Exeter. Not the cheapest tool I've purchased but good none the less.

Is it this one per chance:

3736.jpg

Or this one (I have one of these - used to get them trade, but can't anymore except via special order)

2478.jpg

The cheapest place I have found is here - www.toolbay.biz (reduced section for LR owners too)

or direct to the rivnut guns -

http://www.toolbay.biz/categories.asp?cate...amp;parentid=38

Ian

Guest WALFY

Ian

Thats the baby. The first pic is the one I've got. Looked at the prices and the 60 quid I paid doesn't seem to bad afterall. Well chuffed now. Wasn't to sure if I got ripped off but now I know I wasn't.

Mine broke at the end of the first section of handle. I was being a tad rough with it. It snapped the handle and stripped the trhead on the silver nosecone. NCG have sent 2 new handles, a new silver cone and a new set of thread bits. Full marks to NCG. Didn't question how it got damaged just said OK we'll get the new bits out to you.

Just need a cheap supply of ali rivnuts now. Can find them fairly cheap but only in huge quantitys. I don't need big amounts.