PAS box

Tonk

i've got a bit of a weep on the input seal of my steering box, i've changed the seal which has helped a bit but it still weeps a bit of fluid, there's no play in the input shaft so i'm assuming its a bit of wear on it. i quite fancy taking it apart for a look but never had a steering box in bits before.

if i take the top cover off am i likely to get smacked in the face by a big spring or anything untoward?

anyone done this before?

i've got a bit of a weep on the input seal of my steering box, i've changed the seal which has helped a bit but it still weeps a bit of fluid, there's no play in the input shaft so i'm assuming its a bit of wear on it. i quite fancy taking it apart for a look but never had a steering box in bits before.

if i take the top cover off am i likely to get smacked in the face by a big spring or anything untoward?

anyone done this before?

Put some rad seal in it..... ;)

OR JUST LEAVE IT ALONE... :blink:

anyone done this before?

taking the top off is cool, but you have to undo the middle nut , take off the 4 bolts round the outside and them turn your allen key in the threaded bit in the middle where you took the nut off anti clockwise and you wind the top off. no big spring or anything. pretty sure that's the sequence (for four bolt) check the manual though, maybe you have to run that allen screw thing clockwise. when some idiot (ahem) stripped the thread on the bleed screw i had to take mine off, didn't look very exciting. i wish i'd replaced the gasket, or at least used instand gasket on the top seal as mine weeps a bit now. its very little and not enough to warrant taking it apart again, but would benice to have it dry.

i didn't go any further than that as i was just swapping the box top. i'm sure others will have much more experience though.