mitsibushi SWB "4work" commercial 3.2 diesel....

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I'm looking at getting one of these for my next company car (next week... the 110 has to go by the 6th may... :angry::angry::angry: ), and it seems the best looking of the bunch.

certainly got a nice engine, 4 cyl 3.2 common rail DI. and with the power-link type box from the dealers, you get about 180bhp!

i've looked at the freelander2 commercial, but it's a piddly little 2 litre, and my dealers arn't sure "of the price or when they'll be ready".

works budget won't stretch to a D3 commercial (although funnily enough, they're more or less the same price that my 110 Td5 CSW was :unsure: )

i've looked at the freelander2 commercial, but it's a piddly little 2 litre, and my dealers arn't sure "of the price or when they'll be ready".

Drive one before you look elsewhere - it is a 2.2 in fact, 158bhp/295lb ft and the ones that Autocar here went like sh&& off a shovel if you were in a hurry :)

I'd like one - apart from the price - but if somebody else was paying.... definitely.

The new (these)... got a better price than they advertise though.

I borrowed a L200 4 door pick-up diesel from a friend whilst waiting for a fuel pump relay on the nas. With my Ifor Williams fully laden behind the L200 I was surprised at the lack of performance. I was expecting better than the nas being manual diesel and not auto V8 but it struggled :angry: on country hills where the nas would have pulled like a train :)

I borrowed a L200 4 door pick-up diesel from a friend whilst waiting for a fuel pump relay on the nas. With my Ifor Williams fully laden behind the L200 I was surprised at the lack of performance. I was expecting better than the nas being manual diesel and not auto V8 but it struggled :angry: on country hills where the nas would have pulled like a train :)

Ive got an L200 warrior thats been chipped and its ok nothing amazing about it its got 140bhp which is fine for towing but the gearing is not low enough for really heavy towing but ive managed for the last 3 years pulling trailers.

Its now for sale if anyone is interested its a 2003 black with 82k, average condition.

Before i had that i had a 3.2 did SWB shogun and it was great on the road, handled really well, it was also good at the fast stuff offroad, not so good in the mud but the rear locker was handy. It towed well but not as well as the l200 due to the short wheelbase, i never had any problems with the super select either.

Just bought a Disco commercial today! hence the sale of the L200

72b3_3.JPG

Guest diesel_jim

Went down and ordered it today.... in a nice silver (just like the defenders).... :D

And i'm keeping my L4NOY (LANDY) number plate in it! should be a laarf!

crikey... i'm down to ONE rover now... :angry::angry::unsure:

must get and buy an ex MoD 110 ASAP! i've always hankered for one! :lol: