Tyres.....Is it worth trying

Les Brock

TC, I believe they are slightly bigger. As you say, rims are a lot easier too. I won't have to muck about reversing rims :D:D:D

Uh, but doesn't this mean you'll have to remake those beadlockers you haven't finished yet?

Haaaang on a minute - those 'self balancing beads'. How does that work?

(Picture stolen randomly from Google)

A4eccent.jpg

Imagine the wheel (large circle) is badly out of balance, so the hub is where the smaller purple circle is. Now put beads in the tyre and spin it - surely all the beads will end up at the bottom left, making the balance worse??

Haaaang on a minute - those 'self balancing beads'. How does that work?

Imagine the wheel (large circle) is badly out of balance, so the hub is where the smaller purple circle is. Now put beads in the tyre and spin it - surely all the beads will end up at the bottom left, making the balance worse??

Not sure I understand how it works either but its not the first time this idea has come up. See Centramatic and again its being sold for trucks and big tyres.

Someone here must have tried them?

Also anyone here tried putting water in their tyres? I know its more of a balast thing but would that also help balance them on the highway?