series 3 109 station wagon ?

dasterdly

hello,

i have just purchased another land rover, this time a series 3 109.

however on the log book its classed as a " motor caravan " is this normal, it also states thats its a historic vehicle, it has 12 seats so i am presuming its a station wagon ? it has a 2286 petrol engine in it, but i was told that they originally had diesel engines fitted ? the year of manufactor is 1972 and its tax exempt.

can anybody help with the above points ?

cheers...

hello,

i have just purchased another land rover, this time a series 3 109.

however on the log book its classed as a " motor caravan " is this normal, it also states thats its a historic vehicle, it has 12 seats so i am presuming its a station wagon ? it has a 2286 petrol engine in it, but i was told that they originally had diesel engines fitted ? the year of manufactor is 1972 and its tax exempt.

can anybody help with the above points ?

cheers...

Sounds great. Congratulatons. DVLA have all sorts of odd descriptions applied to Landies, never tried but I guess you might get them to use a better description if you aksed.

Could have been 2 1/4 petrol or deisel. VIN plate is probably your best chance of working out what is was originaly.

CalVIN should tell you all you need to know.

Early 109's would've been 2.25 petrol or diesel or 2.6 6-cylinder petrol (sounds like a V8, drinks fuel like a V8, just doesn't go like one)

As Trev said, the DVLA have some strange descriptions for Land Rovers as they fall between car and commercial vehicle - technically anything with more than 8 or 9 seats is a bus, so you may find you're allowed to drive in bus lanes and dodge the london congestion charge... but don't blame me if it doesn't work! :rolleyes:

CalVIN should tell you all you need to know.

Early 109's would've been 2.25 petrol or diesel or 2.6 6-cylinder petrol (sounds like a V8, drinks fuel like a V8, just doesn't go like one)

As Trev said, the DVLA have some strange descriptions for Land Rovers as they fall between car and commercial vehicle - technically anything with more than 8 or 9 seats is a bus, so you may find you're allowed to drive in bus lanes and dodge the london congestion charge... but don't blame me if it doesn't work! :rolleyes:

hello,

well, i checked out the vin website, and it is indeed a petrol engine, so everything checks out. now all i need are a few simple items..chassis..bulkhead, doors..etc etc !

thanks for the info.

cheers...