T Box

nickm

Yes it will fit, essentially the same box, LT230. Just may have to do some mix and match with the transfer linkage and/or handbrake linkage as those bits can differ slightly, more so than I realised, ask Bish.

The other thing to note, although this may well be why you are changing the box, is that the 3 speed auto (TF727) had the highest ratio LT230 fitted 1:1.003 and the 4 speed auto (ZF) has the 1:1.222 ratio.

Yes it will fit, essentially the same box, LT230. Just may have to do some mix and match with the transfer linkage and/or handbrake linkage as those bits can differ slightly, more so than I realised, ask Bish.

The other thing to note, although this may well be why you are changing the box, is that the 3 speed auto (TF727) had the highest ratio LT230 fitted 1:1.003 and the 4 speed auto (ZF) has the 1:1.222 ratio.

thanks for the help

a friends v8 90 3sp auto blew the T box at the weekend and the only thing we

have to hand is a v8 4 speed auto T Box so this will now be put on for the weekend

so would that make it higher geared in high range ?

cheers

Fitting a transfer box from a 4 speed to a 3 speed will make the 3 speed lower geared, by about 20%. It will be like driving the 4 speed without 4th gear. 3rd gear in both boxes is direct 1:1, the 3 speed does not have an over driven top gear.

Just changed the transfer box in my 110, it has a 3 speed auto fitted. A point to note is you have to keep the main gear out of the one fitted now as the one thats on the 4 speed may not be the same. I had a transfer bx (1.4) out of a 90 and the gears are not the same. The spines on the main shaft are not the same.

Paul

so would fitting a 200tdi disco Tbox bring the gearing back up then ?

Nope, they're 1.222:1 too. Only the 3-speed had 1.003:1 as far as I'm aware. What's blown on the old one - you may well be able to repair it. Saying that they're not pricey to buy, mine cost £100 with a 3-speed attached which a friend had off me for £50 :) look on eBay.

Nope, they're 1.222:1 too. Only the 3-speed had 1.003:1 as far as I'm aware. What's blown on the old one - you may well be able to repair it. Saying that they're not pricey to buy, mine cost £100 with a 3-speed attached which a friend had off me for £50 :) look on eBay.

not managed the have a proper look yet but i think the front bearings collapsed

only really need to get something installed for the weekend, aslong long as the

disco tbox fits then taht will prob go on for now while the original 1 is repaired