my laning weekend in pictures

pugwash

decided to follow the TOR massive lane book over the weekend- got the salisbury region by about 12 and by 5:30 i had only got to point 58 of 369! Couple of places where i went wrong- due to road changes or me being a thicky- or them not putting a junction in!

Saw lots of (unfortunately):

16102005.jpg

but also did lots:

16102005001.jpg

and

16102005004.jpg

also an absolutely beautiful Pheasant in truly amazing condition- one of the best i have ever seen- huge purple/ blue front and as bold as anything:

16102005002.jpg

Hihghlight of the day was when i got extremely lost and ended up in the middle of a forest track with nowhere to go- on the way out i met a rather large forestry tractor so stopped to apologise. Bloke was a real gent and we had a good old natter, i helped him fell some timber, and then went round for a cuppa- he was part of SORC a couple of years ago and into trialing- surname was Howie i think if anyone knows him.

Forest truck was:

16102005005.jpg

Sorry there not very clear or interesting- hand held cameras don't always take the best photos!

the private land keep of signs are for the squaddies. That sign is near the air field on the plain.

The forestry tractor piccie looks as if you were on the right track from the a303 to the a36 :)

decided to follow the TOR massive lane book over the weekend-

wot you on about?

:(

From the secretly coded message, am I to assume this is a booklet showing lanes in an issue of Total Offroad Magazine - is this the current issue out now? (whcih one then? how would I get a copy?)

wot you on about?

:(

From the secretly coded message, am I to assume this is a booklet showing lanes in an issue of Total Offroad Magazine - is this the current issue out now? (whcih one then? how would I get a copy?)

No it was an issue about 8 months ago i beleive-covered about 250 miles across the plains and has some great little lanes in- has some really small pointless ones in too mind- but they are fun to drive nevertheless!

Beleive current issue covers the Quantocks in Somerset- Good job fruity i say!

What do you mean Fruity!

I did the Quantock one (well CJ was there as well) amongst others

Fruity did one you haven't seen yet

Just you wait for the Blackdowns one...tee hee

Sorry chap- thought that one was his.

did you make the quantocks one totally impassable by any chance?

No the Quantocks one is a doodey - you need to be careful in a couple of places though

unlike the one i tried to do for you this weekend.

Grade 3 lanes, all cleared pah.

did you get the email with the details about the lanes?

Jim,

Training is no problem - ring me to discuss

I won't be out this weekend as I have to work on the RR on Sunday, in preparation for 7S. However if I get finished early, me and the small person (my Daughter, not Fruity) could show you some of the more interesting bits of the Blackdowns... You may need to invest in T-Cut later though!