Vented caliper conversion

HoSS

I just wondered who has done the vented conversion using the spacer kit.

I bought a kit recently from Autopost, But have had some problems (I'm not going to say anything bad about them right now, I'm waiting to see if they come good on support)

But i would be interested if anyone else has used their kit & what they found.

Paul

I just wondered who has done the vented conversion using the spacer kit.

I bought a kit recently from Autopost, But have had some problems (I'm not going to say anything bad about them right now, I'm waiting to see if they come good on support)

But i would be interested if anyone else has used their kit & what they found.

Paul

I used their kit to do a conversion on my old 90 (Now owned by Holyzeus). I had no real issues with the kit, it was well made and a good fit. The only problem I had was they only supplied two seals, expecting you to re-use two.

Dave

So, i will say a bit more, since Autopost have not bothered to get back to me today.

I had 2 problems:

1) the first time they supplied 4 identical spacers rather than 2x L/R. I had to fit the supplied parts with one pair upside down just to move the landy out of the garage. They should seal like this but two edges stick out, not ideal.

I then waited 2+ weeks for replacements. (which arrived without any seals at all)

During this time i noticed there was brake fluid p*****g out of the left caliper.

I dismanlted the caliper again & found that the seals were either too small in the firstplace, or have shrunk (i think the later)

The counterbores in the spacers are 3.2mm deep, wheras in the original caliper they are 2.4mm.

The seals nor measure 3.0mm - Obvioulsy not goung to seal. Wheras the original seals still sit 0.2mm out of their holes.

This is quite worrying, as it suggests that the seals are made from a rubber which is not tolerant to brake fluid!!

I am still awaitng a reply on this.

It shouln't be rocket science to get this right, it's 4 bits of metal & 4 seals for 80 quid after all. plenty of profit in there to do a decent job.

At this point in time i'm not overly impressed with the quality of product or speed of support of Autopost....

[/rant] ;)

If you don't get any joy, try these EPC tells me the part number is 17H8764L seal x 4 for front calipers, local main dealer should be able to supply the correct seals using that number, hope you don't have to wait for to long.

Why not fit 110 calipers in the first place? That's what happens around here.

New vented calipers were about twice the price of the spacer kits, but i wish that i had now.

If Autopost don't come good on this, i will ask for a refund & buy new calipers.