Where can I buy Stainless Steel Nuts for Alloy Wheels

Baldrick

I fitted alloys 2 years ago that came with standard steel nuts and shiney caps. The caps are now very rusty and make the wheels look carp. There used to be an ad in the magazines for some guy that supplied stainless steel nuts but I can't find an ad for him now. Does anyone know where I can buy some, or even find out how much they are.

Regards

Stainless Steel & Aluminuim Alloy have a very different galvanic level, this is likely to lead to corrosion, no? even if they do zinc plate them it will wear after a few cycles.

Also is stainless allowed for wheel nuts? it's a fair bit weaker under shear load....

Stainless Steel & Aluminuim Alloy have a very different galvanic level, this is likely to lead to corrosion, no? even if they do zinc plate them it will wear after a few cycles.

Also is stainless allowed for wheel nuts? it's a fair bit weaker under shear load....

They have stainless caps on - the actual nut isn't stainless. At least, not the ones I've got.

If they're for old style land rover hubs (RRC, Disco I, Defender), you can get them off eBay pretty cheap - there's a guy on there who seems to make living breaking RRC LSEs who would be worth contacting if no-one's selling at the moment. I can look out his eBay name if you can't find him.

They have stainless caps on - the actual nut isn't stainless. At least, not the ones I've got.

If they're for old style land rover hubs (RRC, Disco I, Defender), you can get them off eBay pretty cheap - there's a guy on there who seems to make living breaking RRC LSEs who would be worth contacting if no-one's selling at the moment. I can look out his eBay name if you can't find him.

Ahhh - so the thread is not SS.