200tdi into old 110

just got my exhaust for my tdi conversion and they sent me a downpipe which i think is a 300tdi downpipe

i have read all the posts about fitting the engine and the way to do it seems to be to use a td5 downpipe

now is this a disco or defender downpipe ? are they the same

dont want to start chopping nice new bits of pipe up if theres a better suited downpipe!

heres a pic of the pipe i was sent (i can send it back and swap it for another one no problems)

cheers in advance

post-907-1185630629_thumb.jpg

The use of TD5 downpipe is only because the mating flange is the exact same pattern to attach to the 200 TDi turbo - the rest of the downpipe has to be cut and altered to fit. If you can't fabricate/weld, then the Steve Parker downpipe for this conversion is available for a rather large lump of your money.

Les.

If your 'new' 200Tdi is a Defender [high mounted turbo] you can use the standard 200Tdi down pipe, thats not a Defender 200tdi pipe in your photo, more likely a non catalyst 300Tdi section.

Nope, the 300Tdi non cat doesn't have the kinky bits in it, its just a a L shape....

its a 200dti disco lump and the downpipe is a 300tdi one my 110 has a 2.5nad lump in it at the mo so which down pipe would be best to fit? have bought the rest of the 200tdi exhaust and dont want to spend £120 on a custom made downpipe (too tight for that)

Reckon, you'll have to make up a downpipe as others have done or bite the bullet & buy the steve parker version, the Disco 200Tdi downpipe curves up to the rear of the turbo turbine housing & forms the rear part of it.

this diagram might help explain. & the photo's here of the one Les H made for the same job in a 90

post-20-1185650414_thumb.jpg

Edited by western
diagarm added

I can recommend the Steve parker conversion - very good quality, good customer service and it just fits and your good to go - compared with the time it would take to make one I reckon they're worth the dough. You've already save money doing the conversion yourself etc, no point in scrimping on something as important as a manifold.

I can recommend the Steve parker conversion - very good quality, good customer service and it just fits and your good to go - compared with the time it would take to make one I reckon they're worth the dough. You've already save money doing the conversion yourself etc, no point in scrimping on something as important as a manifold.

not keen on parting with about £120 for it! will have a look when i get the engine in if i think i am going to struggle i will have to bite the bullit!

western you wouldnt happen to have an exploded diagram of a 110 200tdi exhaust would you? i need the rear and middle mounts plus the rubbers and heres a couple of pics of where im upto

engine fitted wating for oilcooler and pas high pressure pipes to come back

i have cut a section out of the wheel arch to make room for the turbo elbow just waiting for some more pipe to turn up

post-907-1185970009_thumb.jpg

post-907-1185970032_thumb.jpg

Sorry, can't help this time, paper parts book isn't 100% clear to say which parts are 200 or 300Tdi & my notebook with EPC on it is away for fixing. you should be able to continue using your existing system from the downpipe joint to the rest of the system rearwards, my 110 has a TD system with a 200tdi downpipe connected to it, your chassis bracket won't match a full 200tdi system.