New springs driving me mad

ok, so I recently put in britpart's +2" springs in in the 110. The front is grand, the back is up about 2 1/2".

They're good off road, as it keeps the rear hitch clear of most things, but empty, on-road they are just too stiff.

Bumpy C-roads are just nightmareishly bumpy, and makes the whole experience VERY unpleasant.

So, they have to go.

I still would like to keep the lift, but lifted using a longer spring rather than stiff one IYSWIM.

Any recommendations?

Th-th-th-th-th-th-th-thank y-y-y-y-y-y-y-ou

Land Rover...... Sorry that's all I have.

The 130 helper springs came second hand as I had hoped the would have eased a bit. No such luck. It would have been cheaper to buy the springs and source the plates second hand. They were 22 quid each. Four needed.

Have a look here how I did the rears...

http://www.landroveraddict.com/smf/index.php?topic=358612.20

mike

Land Rover...... Sorry that's all I have.

The 130 helper springs came second hand as I had hoped the would have eased a bit. No such luck. It would have been cheaper to buy the springs and source the plates second hand. They were 22 quid each. Four needed.

Have a look here how I did the rears...

http://www.landroveraddict.com/smf/index.php?topic=358612.20

mike

Thanks for that. The retaining plates certainly make it an expensive option.

Are 110 helpers (which is all I can see on Craddocks) the same as 130 helpers?

Guest diesel_jim
Thanks for that. The retaining plates certainly make it an expensive option.

Are 110 helpers (which is all I can see on Craddocks) the same as 130 helpers?

yes, they are.

a year or two ago, it seemed that every other stall at sodbury/billing were selling the little adaptor plates, but now i want some, no one's got them! :rolleyes:

I think there must have been a large disposal from the MoD (possibly when they got rid of the 130" rapiers?) so they sold off the old stock.

just like at the moment, do an ebay search for "salisbury axle" and quite of the suppliers are selling brand new, in the crate, disk braked salisbury rears for about £500, obviously the MoD are chucking a few away!

thanks guys 'n' galls.

Seems the boge strut was seizing, which was stiffening everything up.

Attacked it with the grinder yesterday and it's a lot better now, so will stay with the existing setup and see how we go.