Attention FridgeFreezer

In true NASA stylie, I made two of something the other night.

The first was a practice run, which went A1 fine and so did the production run, so I have a spare...................

post-400-1186497780_thumb.jpg

(picture lifted from BBC :ph34r: , Im too lazy to take pics)

Dizzy Stub / Oil Pump Drive.

The gear drive is showing signs of wear, but that can be swopped over very easily with a good one

Now because Fridge built my MSnS its on offer to him for the price of postage, however if he declines it, its on offer to any other forum member who has gone MSnEdis or MSnS and have the old type cover which still needs to drive the oil pump, all for the price of postage and a donation to this forum.

What a ridiculously over complicated way of driving the oil pump.

If only you'd do away with that bit your engine would rattle like a proper one (for a while)

Pah, noise and no power = no thanks! Ill stick with my poorly designed oil pump!

If I send one up to special child Rog could you zap one up for Mrs Jez? pennies and beer and stuff in return :)

Yes mate, send one up, no need for money, making DD handle "dirty" but lightweight v8 components is payment enough.

What a ridiculously over complicated way of driving the oil pump.

If only you'd do away with that bit your engine would rattle like a proper one (for a while)

OK, its not the best solution in the world, but is has done 50 years service ....................... now, shall we talk about elastic band driven camshafts, heads that crack, oh yes, and an engine that requires forced pressurized aspiration to make it run right ........... now that is what you could call over complicated.... :ph34r:

Rog has been teaching me well.............. :lol:

:)

Ian

It'd be consolation enough that when i returned it the engine would be even more dependant on electrics.

I think FF will be along shortly to quash that statement!

now, shall we talk about elastic band driven camshafts, heads that crack, oh yes, and an engine that requires forced pressurized aspiration to make it run right ...........

Ian

[snigger] :ph34r:

Aaah - shiny thing for me?

Nice

By the way - what does it do? :D

Now I dont believe that your pillow talk does not involve engines! Or at least some talk of lubrication :moglite:

So far the electrics have proved more reliable than the "nice simple" oil burner Dan loves so much :rolleyes:

Didn't rog have to leave some box thing to dry before he dared turn the key again? whats that about?

The fire wouldn't have gone out on mine going from first to reverse either :ph34r:

Didn't rog have to leave some box thing to dry before he dared turn the key again? whats that about?

The fire wouldn't have gone out on mine going from first to reverse either :ph34r:

Yea, but my tickover is set at 400 rpm and is silky smooth, still pulls the car along, it was the water in the air con pump what caused the stall.

Im looking forward to my new diesel in next years lash up too

If you were any further into the petrol closet you'd be in Narnia :rolleyes:

BTW when are you gonna fire that puppy up? If you're just gonna use it as a coffee table I have a spare block in the garden I'll swap you for it ;)

If you were any further into the petrol closet you'd be in Narnia :rolleyes:

BTW when are you gonna fire that puppy up? If you're just gonna use it as a coffee table I have a spare block in the garden I'll swap you for it ;)

but I like it here :)

could do - just need to remove VATS, lash up a loom and get a 58psi fuel system

diesel's getting complicated these days :huh: