sound proofing

pux

Hi guy's im using my 90 200tdi for a daily driver, which is a 50mile round trip :ph34r: so what im wanting to do is give a little extra sound proofing with out breaking the bank, or having to rob the local post office :lol: so any ideas or what have you done too yours :unsure:

camping foam matting seems popular for that job, you can fit err3276 to the rocker cover, it's the original NVH cover as fitted to RRC 200Tdi engines.
would the camping foam not hold mud and water :huh: ?? and thanks for the info to that part i will look into that, any other ideas guys :D

Hi guy's im using my 90 200tdi for a daily driver, which is a 50mile round trip :ph34r: so what im wanting to do is give a little extra sound proofing with out breaking the bank, or having to rob the local post office :lol: so any ideas or what have you done too yours :unsure:

I put 2cm thick rubber matting on all flat surfaces, I made them for the rear tub, front footwells and on 110's the 2nd row seat footwells.

Made loads of difference, and sold a few on Ebay, but waiting for more supplies to come in from manufacturer (1-2 weeks), Ill put some references up when get more in..

I put 2cm thick rubber matting on all flat surfaces, I made them for the rear tub, front footwells and on 110's the 2nd row seat footwells.

Made loads of difference, and sold a few on Ebay, but waiting for more supplies to come in from manufacturer (1-2 weeks), Ill put some references up when get more in..

emmm can you keep me updated as to when you get some more in, and also how did you secure it down :blink: sorry about all the questions :unsure:

would the camping foam not hold mud and water :huh: ?? and thanks for the info to that part i will look into that, any other ideas guys :D

camping mats also burn exceptionally well ( i tried it in the garage when fitting some for insulation and decided upon that evidence to keep it waway from hot stuff), consider that when sticking them all over the place. granted you dont want to stay sitting in the car if its on fire and theres a whole world of other quite flammable things in there, but try to remember that when applying it.

I also use a 90H 200TDi as a daily driver - and find that being a bit deaf helps enormously!! The Other Half finds it a bit annoying though as it means I can ignore her far too easily when she's in the passenger seat... :D

More seriously, I have 3mm ribbed rubber in the back of the 110. It's agricultural stuff, very heavy and flame retardant. I put it in as I carry weaner pigs in cages and needed a non-slip surface. But it also cut the booming dramatically so I also fastened it to the sides and tops of the arches. I used stainless steel bolts, repair washes and Nyloc nuts to hold them in place purely because I have oddles of them lying around.