Good Samaritan

Steve King

A couple of weeks ago whilst on holiday I had a minor mishap and tore the calf muscle in my right leg. It was a bit painful for a couple of days but healed up pretty quickly.

On Monday I had to visit our office in Morley, Leeds and on the way back I managed to hurt the same flamin' leg whilst changing trains in Leeds.

Anyway, the next morning my leg was a bit tender and painful so I got out my trusty "Leki" walking pole. The pole looks a bit like a ski pole and the top section is painted but the rest is plain aluminium.

I hobbled to the bus stop and a guy asked me which bus I was waiting for. A couple of minutes later he told me my bus was coming along. After I had got onboard the same guy hopped on and told the driver to make sure that I got off at the right stop as I was blind!!

Ahh bless!! I didn't have the heart to explain to the Good Samaritan that he had got hold of the wrong end of the stick so to speak!!

The worst part was not being able to look out of the window for fear of being called a cheat!

B) B) B) :lol:

Reminds me of the biker who walked down the street with his crash helmet under one arm and a length of cane for the garden under the other, "hmmm.... I got an idea.....", he then walks down the street with his crash helmet on his arm and waving the cane out in front of him across the pavement, aint anyone ever seen a blind biker out for a ride :lol:

I was collecting some stuff from an office and went to open the door which had two handles a foot apart.

I was struggling and the receptionist said "You need to use both hands", to which I replied "I've only got one hand free", but before I got to "Free", she blushed, apologised profusely and opend the door for me.

At work we use sticks to push wires through things, the usual is a piece of 20mm white plastic conduit about 1m long. One of our guys came out of the exchange to put his gear in his van, which was parked over the road - tool bag in hand, white stick in the other, walks up to the edge of the pavement to cross the road and traffic screeches to a halt :lol: took him a second to realise why.