rover longfields special offer

callum

don't work for them or anything but they're flogging some sets of their 4340 heavy duty half shat and cv combos for $600 at the moment

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611500 first two posts, dont read the rest, i will never get the 20 minutes of my life back that the drivel after that stole :(

might be of interest to someone, saves $50 and makes them £295.48 by today's price, which is not bad + postage of course

No diff change required,

these are drop-in kits,no mods no hassle,just change CVs and axles,nothing more.

27 splines to the CV yeah.

Full Toy conversion gives you 30 splines CVs and Toy hypoid diff for a vvv strong setup,bigger R&Ps etc...

No diff change required,

these are drop-in kits,no mods no hassle,just change CVs and axles,nothing more.

27 splines to the CV yeah.

Full Toy conversion gives you 30 splines CVs and Toy hypoid diff for a vvv strong setup,bigger R&Ps etc...

crownwheel is actually smaller on the toyota by about half an inch i think, but its hypoid so much stronger than the rover diff.

anyway as michele says, these are for fitting to rover diffs, 24 spline at the diff end, with 27 spline at the cv end. they are to replace the later cv's that are not aeu2522 and which i dont know the part number of. they are 27 spline at the cv end as they are based on longfield's toyota cv's which are 27 spline at the cv. i presume this was to keep design and tooling costs down and maybe explains why they are a bit cheaper than ashcrofts at the mo (along with weak dollah).

smo, to ashcrofts for you i should think, no funny splines to deal with at the cv end, just standard all the way.