performance heads

gelf

For A Mate

a friend has a 2.25 LWT and is thinking of fitting a stage 1 or 2 head to it.

what he wants to know is and correct me if im wrong..... a stage 1 is a straight swap for the old one with no modifications elsewhere.

but its a stage 2 hes not sure about ..... is that a straight swap or do you have to alter the carb etc.

not sure why he cant ring up Turners and ask for himself.

graham

Most people that do this sort of thing to a 2.25/2.5 petrol usually fit an SU carb as well. The SU carb used (HIF6 ? :unsure: ) doesn't suffer from mixture strength changes on up or down hills (particularly off road).

My Series runs a Zenith carb and a head thats been skimmed to 9:1. Just gave it a little more 'sparkle' and at the time that's all I needed.

To get a better answer you'll have to be clear on what modifications to the head consistue 'stage 1' and 'stage 2'.

me not understand that one, auction has ended, but as it's an SU it may be worth contacting Burlen Fuel Systems in Salisbury as they are the owner of SU's now, they may do a kit or know who does

This link just may be the all time definitive discussion on the topic:

http://www.lrenthusiastforum.com/ubbthread...age=3#Post46415 :)

The "big guns" came out swinging on this one :)