Injector pump question.

Les Henson

As I plan to fit an intercooler to the TD engine in catflap, I understand that in order to benefit from this I need to tweak the injector pump?

Is this right (and indeed possible?)

I don't want to put additional strain on the engine, but would like optimum performance for the set-up.

Anyone know how to do it please?

Les.

Les,

Basically you have to burn more fuel to produce more power.

To do that you need more oxygen - that is where the intercooler helps as well as reducing temps. But the intercooler does not provide more fuel that is where the pump tweak helps.

For tweaking the pump, have a look down near the bottom of this page.

Hope this helps. I don't have any experience with these pumps, so I don't think I could help any further with this.

For tweaking the pump, have a look down near the bottom of this page.

'scuse my possible ignorance, isn't that a DPA pump they're describing how to tweak, one contributor says the DPA is for the 2.25 diesel, the DPM for the 2.5 diesel, possibly [possibly not, don't quote me :D ] for the TD too?

Les

Given the reputation of the TD for breaking if worked too hard, I'd get an EGT gauge as the first step, I should think if you overdo it at all it might be terminal to the engine, even more so than with a Tdi.

No idea on what to do with a TD pump sorry... :unsure: but as MarkieB says I think the TD pump will be different to the NA one as it must surely have a diaphragm on the top to increase the fuelling as boost increases, like a Tdi etc?