Still not charging, flat batts....

Hi Guys,

I have just replaced the one that bolts on the back of the alternator, didn't have a propblem with the bat going flat before just ign light stayed on when running, this draining the bat fault appeared after fitting the new unit...?

Still need to go for a new alt or can i replace the diode....?

cheers

Dave... :(

rekab69 When you have everything turned off, and the engine has been allowed to cool completely - try putting your hand around the alternator, if it feels warm then chances are it’s permanently energized. This would explain the current draw because it means the alternator is pulling a small amount of power to energize itself, and because its not rotating and generating power it basically turns into a little heater!

I've seen this many times before when people have used replacement regulators that are maybe not exactly the same. Usually it’s seen when people fit advanced charging regulators which work in a slightly different manor.

If you need a replacement alternator send me a PM and I’ll give you the different options I'm able to supply, with forum discount of course! :)

Thanks,

Matt