110 Td5, Disco gears & Traction control

Took the 110 to Brum yesterday with a car transporter trailer on the back to get a Disco for a mate.

First time Ive towed with it since fitting recon gearbox and recon transfer box with Disco gears (last time I used it I brought a 110 on the back from Spain with no problems)

Needs more revs on 1st gear move off, and the traction control came on a few times when on hills.

The LR workshop manual says now about the TC and the owners manual is just as helpful.

Dry tarmac roads, new tyres, so slipping is not an option (unless the extra revs caused a slight wheelspin?).

Does this sound normal ?

Not sure about Defenders but you can find the Discovery ETC is irritatingly sensitive - if you take off and a wheel goes over a small pebble or something just enough to cause slight slippage then the ETC can kick in just for a second, or rather the pump fires up because it thinks there is about to be wheelspin (I think - just my view). Mine does it sometimes - and all the time on gravel roads especially taking off smartly with a V8 auto.

Not sure about Defenders but you can find the Discovery ETC is irritatingly sensitive - if you take off and a wheel goes over a small pebble or something just enough to cause slight slippage then the ETC can kick in just for a second, or rather the pump fires up because it thinks there is about to be wheelspin (I think - just my view). Mine does it sometimes - and all the time on gravel roads especially taking off smartly with a V8 auto.

My 110 does it as well, usually if I've not removed foot right off clutch when pulling away sharply. Like you say, doesn't actually kick in but you can hear modulator faffing about and ETC light comes on. Not showing any faults on my Nanocom.

Yes, especially when you haven't paid for it ;);)

Had to pay for mine but due to a cock up on sellers part didn't pay VAT :rolleyes: . Haven't used mine live with a laptop yet (cheap ebay one on way) but impressed so far, does what it says on the box (even allowing for poor translation from Italian!)