Fuel Pump Help

With the TD5 tank that I have I've been given the pump as well, but will this have enough pressure for a 3.9EFi?

Doubtful. It should work as a lift-pump though, then use an inline pump from a Jag/Golf/Cavalier/Etc to feed the EFi. I run a similar setup (plus a swirl-pot) and it works well. The inline pumps can be had for around £30 on ebay.

Thanks Fridgefreezer.

Your all so helpful on this forum, so beware cause I have millions of questions :lol:

I have a spare tank pump from the nas if it fits a TD5 tank some beer vouchers will be sufficient :D

BTW the nas has a rear mounted under floor plastic tank between the chassis rails

The efi pump puts out about 30psi or 2 bar, the TD5 pump puts out 60psi or 4bar. But it will have to be piped in properly with the low and high pressure stages. RTFM.

And I thought TDi's created the high pressure in the injection pump on the engine :huh: what are these low & high pressure stages?

The efi pump puts out about 30psi or 2 bar, the TD5 pump puts out 60psi or 4bar. But it will have to be piped in properly with the low and high pressure stages. RTFM.

And I suspect a Td5 pump will not last long pumping petrol and/or may result in a colossal kaboom :o