New to Land Rover

Hi to all 1st post.. Im brand new to Land Rover so please excuse my ignorance.. I have just got myself a 1985' 90 V8 CSW 5spd, & iam over the moon with it.. its had a pretty easy life and seems to be in good standard runing order, loads of service history etc, but to be honest im finding a bit difficult to find exactly what ive got and how to go about keeping the vehicle in good order here in Glasgow as i want to use as an everday car! (wallet permitting)... The engine sounds very sweet & ticks over very nicely but im not sure its down to 'if it aint broke dont fix it' & the easy life its had rather than regular servicing!! Im a very 'basic' mechanic but i would like to do a most of the 'service' work myself but service manuals for the 'V8 90' engine seem thin on the ground i no there are plenty of variants of the V8 engine but getting the right manual? ive changed all but the 'gearbox' fluids as im not quiet sure where the filler plug is on this model, i would be most gratefull for any information on where to look.

the vin is SALLDVBV7AA244425 thanx and all the best..

Welcome to LR4x4.com, please read the pinned information at the top of the Defender Forum topics list, it'll help you get the best from the forum & provide guidance on things like adding photo's to your posts.

have a browse through the Technical Archive too.

& a photo or 2 of your 'new' truck would be good.:D

have a look here for a manual

Nice vehicle, should be pretty easy to maintain. Regular oil & filter changes on the engine, use genuine HT leads, cap, rotor arm, and NGK BPR6ES plugs and you're most of the way there.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you to fit a diesel - they're just jealous :P