Help with electrical problem please

Here's hoping they can find the problem.

Dont know if this is any help to you Ged, but if you still not sorted your Electrics out you can still put your 110 in for the control tech, they will give you a contre-visit for the horn but at least you will be legal and have 2 months to get it fixed.Most test centres out here dont charge for the contre visit!

Jason

Most test centres out here dont charge for the contre visit!

In my experience, they don't fail you for anything in the controle technique.

I had a list as long as my arm, from oil leaks to play in the steering, and I still passed, with no contre visite. :D

(Wish I could say the same thing about the Irish one :( )

Just thought I'd post an update. 7 hours and €120 lighter and the problem has been 'resolved'. After stripping out the dash and the lower fascia the mechanic found that it was the purple wire that went out through the bulkhead that was the culprit. We cut the wire and the problem ceased although we could not find what this wire fed. All electrical gizmos seem to still work so I have no idea what the pupose of this wire is or what it is supposed to supply. The 110 was re-assembled and all appears OK now.

Ta

that purple wire feeds to the rear of the vehicle, I use mine to power my rear worklight.

good to see it's sorted.

on the wiring diagram you'll see a few purple wires that are just spare feeds, so the one you've sorted is most likely one of them spare ones.

Yes, it should come from the fusebox to a rubber multi connector then from the other end of the connector within the loom go down the bulkhead & disappear into the chassis & through to the rear of the vehicle, out of the chassis & up into the right rear corner behind the metal cover that protects the rear lights.

The reason I mentioned this way back in the thread was I had problems after having rear xmember replaced. Guy who did the job said he found a spare wire when reconnecting lights and didn't know what it was. In the process he had blown the fuse and horn etc didn't work. The only spare wire on my early 110 was the purple one and he had shorted it out.