reverse gear

The clutch and gearbox have been working fine during the rebuild, however took it for a quick spin to test the brakes and have returned and can't select reverse gear. I would argue that the clutch is a bit heavy, but not impossible.

Anybody know of thingsi should be checking prioir to taking the thing out again?

ok have undown the reversing switch a turn or two, no effect, so removed completely still no effect.

When moving the gear stick i can't actually move across enough to then be in a position to select a gear

To note it is an LT77 gear box, (had one or two different engines in this one) where is the reversing switch spring adjustment? anybody have an experience with altering this?

IF this fails to work does anybody has any possible causes, to note it had been working perfectly 5 mins before

sorry didn't make that clear is the reverse spring/stop mentioned by Kiall

The same as A: the reverse switch - ie stop due to limit of switch plunger.

or B: the fifth gear adjustment- screw

or C: neither?

What i was wondering is there 2 adjustment options - 1 for fifth gear and also independantly for reverse gear.

sorry for any confusion

Just for future infomation i have contacted the extremely helpful David Ashcroft an he has said that the problem will be the reverse gear plunger sticking, which requres the removal of the plate on the side of the gearbox turret (2*13mm headed blots), followed by removal of the plunger, a good clean and re-fitting.

If anybody has experience of this job any handly hints are always appreciated

I reckon your best bet is to scrap it if the plunger trick fails...

The other possiblity is a tree might have grown up between the chassis rails where it has been standing so long... :D

...or your Dad has nobbled it in the hope you will scrap it and get it off his garden... ;)

Ah not much cooking today then.

Just you wait (posisbly for a quite a while) by the time i've finished ill have removed and replaced every dam part.

Got plenty cooking today, on the ragged edge of project management as always... ;)

Make sure you leave the door open for a little while before you move it, give the mice a chance to evacuate... :D:P