Propshafts

ltwt1981

This may already exist, but just a thought.

I note another topic on propshaft lengths, angles etc., could we not in our infinite wisdom, come up with a list/database on land rover or other compitable propshafts.

We could list overall lengths short closed and extended, yoke angles flange details etc.

I'm sure quite a few on here have done some interesting research on project vehicles and come up with some odd results.

Just wondering why we always reinvent the wheel for each vehicle really.

Any thoughts.

most aftermarket applications need makin to suit anyway, although lengths of standard props would be good as a basis of which one to look for for hacking about

That's a fantastic idea! I suspect that my shafts could be replaced with standard ones - but wouldn't have a clue where to start finding out which.

My approach has always been to start with a clong one and cut it down to suit. Both my current shafts started life as 110 rear's

This could save a lot of welding to say the least!

Si

Guest diesel_jim
Anyone care to post any details I will draw up a table to make it easy reading.

I can do it in excel and post it up after.

i can add that if you fit a salisbury axle to a 90 (rear axle that is), that you have to shorten the prop by 1 3/4"