South Wales

q-rover

Most of us have shiny P38 RR's.

Just some nice Welsh countryside via some greenlanes.

The only ones i know of are Strata Florida, Sarn Helen, The Gap.

We would be over for the weekend, arriving friday eve. leaving monday.

As always, it would be nicest to avoid damage. ;):D

Most of us have shiny P38 RR's.

Just some nice Welsh countryside via some greenlanes.

The only ones i know of are Strata Florida, Sarn Helen, The Gap.

We would be over for the weekend, arriving friday eve. leaving monday.

As always, it would be nicest to avoid damage. ;):D

Gap will be open in March when you are going and is ok to drive for stock P38's. One of your team should take a set of waffles to get up or down the rock steps. The southern part of Sarn Helen towards 7 sisters has a seasonal TRO (summer) and strictly shouldn't be driven, but you can drive up to that point (most locals tend to ignore TRO). Strata Florida is good for your vehicles, just drive with caution if there has been lots of rain.

There's plenty of good lanes than can be non damaging and non scratchy to drive with good scenic views. There's a number of good lanes in and around the Brechfa Forest to the west of Llandovery.

Lots of choice for B&B's, Pubs and campsites. March can still be cold in Wales for camping, but I suppose you Vikings will be ok ;) Good bases Brecon or Llandovery with plenty of accomodation choices, supermarkets, fuel and places to eat out/get a warm beer etc.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve, for the tips.

Which maps would be best to get hold of to show `The Gap´ and Strata Florida?

maps 160,146,147 and if you want east of Brecon, 161 are best. Maybe a Forum laning weekend can be arranged for the same weekend.

Cheers

Steve

Gap will be open in March when you are going

Oops...missed that bit :rolleyes:

I just looked up Sarn Helen, too - I didn't realise it ran all the way from Betwys-y-Coed to Camarthen (the original roman road, not drivable green lane). I take it there are drivable sections in the Brecon Beacons, then?

maps 160,146,147 and if you want east of Brecon, 161 are best. Maybe a Forum laning weekend can be arranged for the same weekend.

That sounds like an excellent idea :)

Cheers

Steve

mi5.gif

Sounds like a great idea. Would be really nice to have the company of forum members

that know the routes. :D