Any info?

Luwts

Hi been looking at pictures at various websites from the baskerville challenge 2007, and i saw an offroad buggy which months a go was for sale on whitbread's website if i'm not mistaken....

the vehicle is this

smalloffroader.jpg

Anyone knows what axles does it have, cause it looks small and yet not very wide....does it have series axles? anyone knows its specs and maybe some photos from the build?

Thanks

Luwts

Hi,

I think that if you post this on the Devon 4x4 site the owner will tell all.

It performed really well on the Baskiville.

Regards,

Andy-T.

Ok thanks, tought might someone noticed this vehicle and knows something....and btw sorry for stealing your picture from the website, it was just to show which vehicle is...

Thanks

Luwts

The owners name is Giles,

The vehicle is a Blitz, it has a 4litre v8 under that little bonnet and is very very small.........

Great vehicle :D

As Andy says post on Devon and he'll give you the full gen

Jim :)

TIll now I can't access the Devon 4x4 forum as a user cause I have registered this morning and they have to activate my account first. But as soon is activated I'll ask for the buggy there....

Running a google search as 'Blitz offroad buggy' a kit car comes up, based on sj413 suzuki which is totally different from the one in the photo unless it was heavilly modified. But if I remember correctly in the advert (Whitbread or Awdc forum), was mentioned that it was built by drew bowler (if i'm not mistaken) which i saw it very strange but anything could possibly be...but in this case i could ask one man it seems.

Thanks

Luwts

The owners name is Giles,

The vehicle is a Blitz, it has a 4litre v8 under that little bonnet and is very very small.........

Jim :)

WHERE?

from the looks of it, i'd be suprised if he could fit a 50cc moped engine in it!

that must be awsomely scary in terms of acceleration B)

Can anyone tell Giles, if he can post info here? since its been four days that i've signed to D44 forum and haven't been activated yet...

The vehicle looks very interesting but it seems like a top secret project from Area 51 :P :P

Cu Luwts

Hi been looking at pictures at various websites from the baskerville challenge 2007, and i saw an offroad buggy which months a go was for sale on whitbread's website if i'm not mistaken....

the vehicle is this

smalloffroader.jpg

Anyone knows what axles does it have, cause it looks small and yet not very wide....does it have series axles? anyone knows its specs and maybe some photos from the build?

Thanks

Luwts

Hi Luwts,

Yes, this is my car and as has correctly been stated it is a Bowler Cobra. This is the one which Drew supplied as a "kit" maybe 12 years ago. I have no idea who actually built it. The other one was built and sold as a complete car. I wish I'd started with the other one!

It is essentially an 80" Tomcat without the constaints of having to resemble a Landrover. It looks so small (partly because it is small!) because the bodywork has been made as close-fitting to the mechanical parts as possible.

It uses a 4l V8, short bellhousing LT77, RR axles and Disco steels to keep it nice and narrow. I guess it was built to use 205's as it has been a struggle to even get 32" tyres to fit.

There is still plenty of development to do now we know it works as well as hoped, but it will all happen slowly as I don't have the time I used to for messing around with cars.

Oh yes, it goes quite well, and will go even better when I get the proper engine and box in. (and no, it will NOT be a diesel)

Very grateful for the link to Cobra Offroad thanks :D

Giles