Internal winch controls

smo

Take the cover off of the remote plug (on the winch) and wire a switch in parallel using a bit of 3-core flex.... It's not high current or voltage, so shoult be ok with some reasonably small stuff. I used some with rubberised sleeving (if that's the right words) so it's easy to run around all the tight corners into the das of the RR.

At leats, I think that's what I did. A grown-up will come along in a minute, I'm sure!!

Thanks chaps, i have the mom-off-mom switches (carling ones) and shall get some 3 core mains cable for ease of wiring :)

If you want the lights to work on the Carling switches, get some 4 core cable and take the earth back to the switch from the solenoid too.

Cheers

Steve

While im here, anyone got a diagram for wiring 2 batts in parallel, which one should i take the earth from, which one should i feed the alternator + to??

It doesn't matter, as they're in parellel - if you're wiring them permanently in parallel.

The two +ve are connected together, the two -ve are connected together, alternator/starter to the +ve, chassis/block to the -ve

If you're using a split charge solenoid for winching, connect everything to the main battery +ve with only the solonoid between the battery positives.

If you're using a split charge solenoid for engine-off current draw, starter/alternator to main battery, solenoid between the two, your loads on battery2 +ve.