Leaning Tower of Disco......

disco_al

when i first got my series 1 disco i noticed it had a slight lean to the RHR, no problem i thought, the rear spring has gone weak, i'll change it soon for some new ones.....

well, changed all 4 this week for brand new Bearmach HD items, did the front shocks as well, as they were rather knackered, and i had already done the rears a few weeks ago.

but, it still looks like it has the lean to the RHR.....it can be felt on road too, LH bends it rolls badly, but on RH bends it's almost as if it sits level.

any ideas please guys n gals? i'm seriously enjoying my disco (even with the usual leaky bits in this fine weather) but this is annoying me sseing it leaning to the rear like this...

cheers both.

from what i have seen when i have been underneath it the chassis looks nice and straight, and i have no reason to think it has been damaged in the past in any way (seen a fair bit of collision damaged cars before now, so know what to look for)

will check the bushes when i get chance (tipping down here at the moment)

I am on my second set of blue BM heavy duty springs, and still cannot correct the lean. I have some poly shims to correct the problem, but I am of the oppinion that the standard disco (duel rate) springs are the way to go. There are two lengths of springs available from Land Rover incidently, so it would be possible to correct a leaning vehicle by substituting a spring.

Best wishes

Chris.

when i first got my series 1 disco i noticed it had a slight lean to the RHR, no problem i thought, the rear spring has gone weak, i'll change it soon for some new ones.....

well, changed all 4 this week for brand new Bearmach HD items, did the front shocks as well, as they were rather knackered, and i had already done the rears a few weeks ago.

but, it still looks like it has the lean to the RHR.....it can be felt on road too, LH bends it rolls badly, but on RH bends it's almost as if it sits level.

any ideas please guys n gals? i'm seriously enjoying my disco (even with the usual leaky bits in this fine weather) but this is annoying me sseing it leaning to the rear like this...

Could be the handed spring thing cropping up again....

LR springs should be handed though most most aftermarket ones don'r seem to bother ( I know Old man Emu do bother ). The driver's side springs should be 1/2" taller than the ns which would make your car sit level if the correct longer springs were fitted.....

Are the Bearmach ones handed?

David