Warn 8274

Ben Spray

Hi

Today I dug out my old 8274 and fitted it to my 90 (last fitted to a vehicle about 5 years ago!), however it does need a new bushing on the drum, however all the parts diagrams I have found start from serial 34xxxx my serial is 221809 so I guess its an early one?

Anyone know if I can get a parts diagram for it and possibly roughly when it would have been made?

Cheers

Ben

give devon 4x4 a shout they'll should be able to sort you out....

Cool will do thanks

While Im at it is there anything I should be doing to it while its in bits?

ie oil drain/fill points? it'll only be used for light recovery and possibly some tree/garden type use so dont need any comp type mods yet (unless theres anything free/cheap that can be done in case of future use :-)

oh and any ideas on security, quite an expensive winch to be held on by 4 bolts that can be removed in about 2 minutes!

Cheers

Service the beast while your at it.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but we offer replacement seal kits, uprated brake shoes etc...

Twinmotor conversions, uprated mainshafts etc

Oh, and drum end bushing all on the shelf.

Check out www.gigglepin4x4.net

Jim :)

01732 463600

Ooo! Shame on you Jim ! :lol:

Ben The Gigglepin kit is good , I have the uprated shafts and brakes fitted to both of mine , Twin motor may be on the cards soon ,and its a piece of mind knowing that its not gonna let you down .

And the repair kits are a lot cheaper than the devon ones .

Cool cheers guys, prices look good I'll be giving you a ring soon then to get the service parts :-)

Think I'll keep it simple for now, fit a breather (as I have some spare fittings), the new seals etc possibly a filler and drain depending on how tricky it lookks and just go out and use it :-)

Cheers

Ben

When I had my 6x6 I had a Warn 8000 on it which was showing its age. I wrote to Warn describing it and asking if they still did spares for it and they were most helpful. They wrote back saying it was the oldest Warn 8000 they knew of that was still in use and running and sent me a parts list, breakdown drawing and the parts I needed free of charge for the rebuild. Granted there wasn't much wrong with it, just a brake strap, seals and bushes but it was very good of them. This was 18 years ago though.