4mm Sheet Steel

I'm looking for a small quantity of 4mm thick steel (about 60cm x 30cm) for fabrication, but cant seem to find any local suppliers (north west england).

The stuff I am after is similar to the plates used on the back of the rear door wheel mounts.

Plus what kind of price would this retail at?

Any help appreciated..

Thanks

Jamie

Find a local blacksmiths/fabricator and ask for a piece. Every industrial estate in the country will have one!. My mate has his own place so getting stuff is no problem. I recently made a HD welding bench. I used 1mx 2m 6mm sheet for the deck and I think they were about £45 a sheet. I often head to my local steel building manufacturer and go though his offcuts skip (with permission). You would be surprised what you can build out of offcuts! The size you want would be an offcut to them and end up in the skip.

Find a local blacksmiths/fabricator and ask for a piece. Every industrial estate in the country will have one!. My mate has his own place so getting stuff is no problem. I recently made a HD welding bench. I used 1mx 2m 6mm sheet for the deck and I think they were about £45 a sheet. I often head to my local steel building manufacturer and go though his offcuts skip (with permission). You would be surprised what you can build out of offcuts! The size you want would be an offcut to them and end up in the skip.