Connecting air flow meter to plenum chamber

Hi

I am trying to reposition the air flow meter on a Defender 90 fitted with a 3.9 EFI (Hot wire). I would like to change the existing pipe (from a 90 V8 Anniversary model) for a shorter model.

Any ideas where I can get a suitable connecting pipe from as the diameter of the air flow meter outlet is different (wider) to the plenum chamber inlet! Ideally I would like this pipe to be as short as possible.

Thanks.

John.

You'll either have to buy genuine parts or perhaps use a bit of 70mm Wyrem ducting with a reducing rubber top-hat bush on one end. Note the airflow meters are quite particular about how far away they're mounted, you don't want to be faffing with the length much beyond standard.

On the flapper I put into the 110, I found a short 90 degree rubber inlet tube from a Ford Mondeo was a perfect fit (and very substantial). Not sure if H/w diameters are bigger though. IIRC it was a 2.0 Mondeo but head off to the scrappy.

My setup was similar to the original RR with the AFM pointing toward the front N/S. Using that tube and making a bracket to attach to the wing, I just managed to get a K&N on (possibly not ideal location if wading though!).