Forward Control Fire Eng

Earl

Good choice!!

I've got two now (although only one up and running).

As I understand it if its fully operational and you will let it be used for emergency use then yes it is MOT excempt.

This should also cover the tax exemption, they are all old enough to be taxed as historic so free tax anyway.

Which one have you found? I've got a list of known ones left (although a "little" out of date).

Good choice!!

I've got two now (although only one up and running).

As I understand it if its fully operational and you will let it be used for emergency use then yes it is MOT excempt.

This should also cover the tax exemption, they are all old enough to be taxed as historic so free tax anyway.

Which one have you found? I've got a list of known ones left (although a "little" out of date).

Hi that good new

the old reg number is 24 FK 57

the new number Q29 YAW

We had a look around it today filled it up with water and PLAYED !!

before i buy it the back cross meber will have to be fixed

• 3 weeks later...

as long as the Design Gross Weight is above 3500kg it is mot & tax exempt as it falls into a

different mot class which has an exemption for "working" fire engines.

the DGW for a standard series fire engine is unlikely to get that high so they would only be tax exempt, but you will be ok with a forward control (don't know about the rangy 6 wheelers)

Not sure about the definition of a "working" fire engine but the only time i've heard of police intervening was when they found someone driving around in an ex fire service transit van and was still claiming the tax exemption, so i think you should be ok with a real fire engine.

p.s. welcome to the wonderful world of fire engines, you can bring your engine along to any show in the tattiest of states and still people will look at more than all those other boring classic vehicles, just keep an eye out for the kids who think they have an automatic right to climb onto the roof just cos it has a ladder :angry: