Chassis Number

TripTrick

Hi All,

I would like to track where my Series IIA 1-Ton 109" Land-Rover comes from.

Where on the Chassis can I locate the Chassis Number as the one on the Registration papers seems to be one that was assigned when it was imported and does not tie up to what it should be IMHO?

Thaks alot.

Yes.

Although in this case, 'Drivers side dumb iron' is ALWAYS the Right Hand Side dumb iron (as viewed from the drivers seat), whether the driver is actually seated on the Right or the Left of the vehicle.

Just being pedantic as this is Forum can be read in both Right and Left hand drive countries.

I'm told this picture originated from Haynes, if so credit to them, BUT if it isn't there, also look a little lower, on the same plate, below the level of the chassis member.

http://www.s2cforum.com/forum/index.php?ac...tach=3689;image

This thread contains picture of an actual number, http://preview.tinyurl.com/2l22jl

Cheers.

In all the years I've been into Land Rovers I have never seen a chassis number stamped on a Land Rover chassis!

I don't know if they vary in their position, get painted over or welded over, but I've yet to actually see one! :D