90 v8 wiring loom help

Would love some advice on a wiring loom for v8 90 , i need to replace the bulkhead and wanted to buy a complete bulkhead ie dash loom ect from a diesel , as the loom i have at the moment is a fire waiting to happen . how much would i need to change the diesel loom to work with i 3.5 v8 . has anyone done this job ? any advice would be a great help thanks :unsure:

Apart from the usual lights, wipers, horn, starter, heater etc. the main difference is the V8 needs decent (~10A fused) feeds to the coil and to the fuel pump that are on when the ignition is on.

Gauges will be the same although obviously gauges & senders need to match or they'll read wrong.

Unless you are running EFI that's about it.

Why not try the dealer? wait before you all say about price. When i rebuilt my lr 90 v8 csw i went to them and asked about price for a new chassis loom and engine loom and it was unbelievable able how cheap. the cheapest i could find on the next was £250 / £375 give or take i went to the dealer and it was £125 and of course no delivery charge and the engine loop was less that £20 i was gob smacked so needless to say i ordered and paid for it there and then. I enquired in to the same year lr 90 csw but turbo diesel version and that was just over 285 quid for the chassis loom. i was some what confused!!!!

so might be worth a enquiry at least?!?!?!?!

Yes i will be have a good look at it before hand , the loom on it at the moment is a mix and match of a 90 and rrc loom and is joined using sellotape ! so i would have to go a long way to find one that was worse :blink:

Yes i will be have a good look at it before hand , the loom on it at the moment is a mix and match of a 90 and rrc loom and is joined using sellotape ! so i would have to go a long way to find one that was worse :blink:

I might have a complete dash and loom, pm me what you would be happy to pay and i may consider looking in the magic shed for it!

Are the looms not pretty much exactly the same?

I fitted a v8 into my old 2.5 (Petrol though!), and the waterproof plug just pressed together with the original one!

I know that you have glow plugs instead of ignition feeds so that is surely all that is different!???

Mind you I'd best look at the manual to check, I'd be pretty embarrassed if i was completely wrong and you burnt out your project! :moglite::ph34r::moglite::banned:

well i am learning because the loom in mine is one piece there is no plug to join the engine to the main loom the guy who put it together just joined the 90 loom to the rrc loom and cut a large hole in the bulkhead :huh:

the 90/110 main loom passes through the bulkhead behind & above the fusebox, at the back of the cylinder head you should see a black plastic cover held by 4 plastic rivets, this is the loom protection as part of it comes out of the bulkhead & travels to the area betwwen the brake servo & clutch pedal assembly, the in cab part is under the black dash tray & goes to the left for windscreen wiper/heater/left front lights & to the right for instument pack/engine bay/right front lights. there's a big rubber grommet at the bulkhead centre & it should pass tthrough rubber grommets 3 in a row by the brake servo.

hth :D

That sounds like you really need to change it!

You should be able to get a loom for a pretty good price. There's not that much really to the front of the loom.

Good luck with the swap anyway, sounds like it'l make a nice improvement to another landy!