Waxoyl, Dinitrol etc.

clbarclay

Rust proofing is one of those time old can of worms, though just as long as its not tin worms I'm opening it.

I have a range rover chassis sitting pretty on a pallet with the outside painted, its now time to sort out the inside.

My initial plan was Waxoyl and a plenty of it as its reasonably cheap and readily available. However Dinitrol appears to have the better reputation, though is it 2.5 times better and its more difficult to find locally. Buying of the net seems to be the option for getting Dinitrol, thought its either 20L at £168 (no thanks me thinks) or multiple 1L tins, in which case how many litres does it take to do inside a chassis?

Can't tell you about Dinitrol but I've been Waxoyling my RRC chassis bit by bit over the last few days.

The first time, I warmed the gallon refillable tin for a half hour but the hand spray thingy you get with it would barely work. So the second time I heated the tin for nigh on an hour topping up the hot water at the half hour mark to be sure and by the end the Wax itself was like water. Still the hand squirty spray nozzle job just couldn't atomise the Wax.

So basically the hand sprayer is a load of kack. I don't have compressed air so I'm kinda scuppered and have been painting it on. Thing is you have to slap it on or it just doesn't go on thick enough, and forget about getting inside your chassis.

Thread in the Defender forum on rustproofing: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...t=0&start=0

Was your nozzle the one that has a pump to pressurise the can?

I have used this very successfully on a few cars, I warm the waxoyl on top of the Aga for an hour before hand -it is completely liquid and goes on very well.

You can try diluting with whitespirit as well, that helps :)

No <_<

Bish I don't wanna be told how it's done right and if anyone trys I'll stick my fingers in my ears and shout "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"

It's done now and thats the feckin' end of it for me :lol:

Shaks me ol mucker - do a search for "waxoiled cat" and all will become clear.... ;)