Batteries

Hey,

So my battery died and I need to get a new one. I'm running a warn xd9000i winch along with 4 spots, 2 driving, 2 rear working lights and also a reasonable audion system and kenlowe fan. What battery should I get. Optima? Twin batteries?

Thanks

Peter

i know a place with a battery thats 3 foot long 2 foot wide and 1 foot deep,

its going cheap because noone can use it.. it makes all cars look like low riders...

I use my XD9000i on my truck for hours every weekend pulling stuck truck out of deep mud to the point when it stalls, i run a standard LR battery and its fine.

From experience id avoid optimas - overpriced and not great.

If you want non-standard then go for an oddyssey, expensive but good. You dont need twin batteries unless you are running an expedition truck, so dont bother with the hassle or expense.

I use tractor batteries, they are (obviously) 12v and if you get a decent one fill the battery bay from front to back. I got a 115ah for £55+VAT from local agri merchants.

If its good enough to start a huge grt tractor, then its fine for my landy (and the other farmers around here)...

BTW have a pair of optimas in my 90 and they afer very good, I often dont use the 90 for a few weeks at a time then when I do its all systems go, and a days winching etc, but agree they are expensive...

The biggest single battery that fits in a defender seatbox is a 663 (or 664, just the terminals as the other way round), these are usually 110 or 115 Ahr and around 800CCA. I usually pay £65-70 for one.

Just for further information, as I'm looking at a new battery as well, the 663/664 tractor battery is 13.5" x 6 3/4" and about 8" tall apparently and I've just been quoted a price of £65 +vat, just over £76 all told.