Transilvania adventure trophy

lrfun

We are debating puttin together a team for this, but there is no rules posted on the site. Do you know what they allow and don't allow? Mainly what size tyre per class, and what do they have to say about portal axles and hydro steer??

We are debating puttin together a team for this, but there is no rules posted on the site. Do you know what they allow and don't allow? Mainly what size tyre per class, and what do they have to say about portal axles and hydro steer??

From what we can work out

Pretty much anything goes :)

I asked it because we also have portals and hydro steering, they said its not problem, but i know nothing from the tyre size. I think there will be the rules soon.

But the romanians like to make really crazy cars so i think there won't be any problem. I think the only criteria the 2 winch and the strong roll cage.

Mark,

I had same issue and it is just a DivX codec (what ever that is!!!).

The way I got this easily (needs to be for my computer knowledge) was I tried to play the file through Windows Media player and as you say, got the sound. On the right menu area, it stated what file name I was trying to play and had a little red cross alongside it. I clicked on that and it told me the problem. It could then link you to the web to explain issue and it asked if you wanted it to find solution. It then linked me to a DviX site I think where I then downloaded a tiny bit of free SW. Think I then rebooted (or even just turned Media player off and back on) and hey presto, picture and sound!

Sometimes Microsoft can be helpful!

Hope this helps.

Right. Now I'm an IT God. Got it all working. Why oh why can't we have something like that in our country. I understand we don't have the space to do such long stages but surely someone could put a format like that together. I'd love to do it but I don't think my truck is up to that amount of abuse and my wallet definitely isn't :( .

Perhaps I should get a second job. Weekends and evenings. Any one need anything blowing up ;)

I reckon your new Puma would do that nooooooooo problems.

Hell, i'll even help polish out the stratches :lol:

She'll never know :lol:

Jim ;)

Jim

No doubt the Puma would do it BUT I like my testicles attached to my person. Rather than in a glass with my false teeth :o:o .

Has anyone else noticed the X-Eng sticker yet? It's on a white 90. About 13 1/2 mins.

Mo

Totaly agree. I'd be up for it. As long as it was the same sort of style. No 1/2 measures. Either on par with or better or not at all. But I don't know anywhere in the UK that could even contemplate this style of event.

Digging holes filling with water, crushed cars etc is the easy bit. A 1km run along a river course just isn't going to happen is it. Even with the best will in the world this country is so far up it's own ar*s that it wouldn't be allowed :(

Walfers,

A few years back on the Exmoor Challenge we go to drive about 500m along a rocky river bed, it was just wider than a landy and was full of bonnet deep pools. 'Twas jolly good :)

I'd like to do the TAT but my next 3 years foreign trips are already in the planning :)

Mo

Mo

I'm just about organising to go to the Pyranees (sp) this June. After that I have no idea. The only thing I'm planning long term is my retirement in 2 yrs 10 mths 3 weeks :P . Not that I'm counting.

i am going to start posting on the transilvania forum, but figured Id ask her first.

Does anyone know what the trail between camp is like for the support rigs?

How available is LPG on site or around?

Is the race strictly roadbook, or do they give gps markers?

Is anyone else thinking of towing there and might want to follow along? Theres no way we are shipping our rigs.

I know there was more but my brain has gone blank and its time to get to the barn and start chop/cut/rebuild some more.

cheers

• 1 month later...