Crank regrind

wkw90

Just found this on RPI website. Re-grounded Crank and new bearings, new piston rings, new mains bolts, new oil pump gears, gaskets as required, the Crank is ground 10/10 to ensure RPi highest standards. £295 . seems ok

Paul

I must admit. Looking at all your posts recently you're going for a full on repair session. It will be good when it gets there. I was like that when I first got my 90. Just got to stick with it and keep going.

Just found this on RPI website. Re-grounded Crank and new bearings, new piston rings, new mains bolts, new oil pump gears, gaskets as required, the Crank is ground 10/10 to ensure RPi highest standards. £295 . seems ok

Paul

Bear in mind that that is a 2nd hand crank of unknown origin - Check threads, keyways / seal and pulley seating surfaces before you haul your motor apart.. <_<

Bear in mind that that is a 2nd hand crank of unknown origin - Check threads, keyways / seal and pulley seating surfaces before you haul your motor apart.. <_<
It may be a bit late for that as the engine is spread between the front room and spare room , and the crank i have has some really deep score lines on it .. see photos

post-3347-1202639649_thumb.jpg

post-3347-1202639679_thumb.jpg

Paul

Any thoughts on this ? :unsure:

It may be a bit late for that as the engine is spread between the front room and spare room , and the crank i have has some really deep score lines on it .. see photos

That has led a hard life, but I've seen worse............................ I doubt whetrher the score is motre than 10thou deep...........I suspect the the bigends have also worn slightly oval............ have you measured the journals

That crank needs a 10/10 regrind..................... about £50 (ish)...........

:)

Ian

That has led a hard life, but I've seen worse............................ I doubt whetrher the score is motre than 10thou deep...........I suspect the the bigends have also worn slightly oval............ have you measured the journals

That crank needs a 10/10 regrind..................... about £50 (ish)...........

Ian

How would i go about measuring them ?

You measure the journals with a micrometer .................. the measurement is to 1/10 of a thou...............

I couldn't build an engine with using internal & external mic's, plus load of other measuring gear ......... but I am also a fussy barsteward.

I guess your best plan is to take it to an engine machine shop and let them do the business ................ far cheaper than a new or recon crank.

Buy your shells form one of the many V8 part suppliers ......................

I don't know of any machine shops in Herts as that is not my locity ................. but Mo might ............drop him a pm...........

Ian