small webcam's?

Countax

I've used a headcam to look inside a chassis, but that's possibly too big for what you want.

How were you going to get the camera cable out of the housing without creating another leak point?

If you are searching, Headcams are also called Bullet cams or Lipstick cams.

Reverting to your original problem, the leak is normally blamed on the seal inside the cover of the pollen filter opening. It's about the same width as the lip on which it seals, and easily gets pushed out of position. Make sure it's in the right place, and in good condition, or replace it with something else.

Good Luck.

Can anyone recommend a small webcam that i can use for looking into those awkward places such as inside my P38 pllen filter housing to see where the water is coming in?

Thx,

Nigel

Something like this ? They have reasonable quality cameras which will probably do for this kind of application.

Si

On a similar line, has anyone used those rear view cameras that fit on the back of the car and has a little screen on the rear view mirror? I was thinking of something like that for the back of my trailer so I could 'see though it' with the rear view screen.

Yup - there's even a thread on here somewhere about mine!

My advice however would not be to buy the cheap bullet cameras off ebay with built in LED's. The picture is fine - but despite being 'waterproof' they leak and stop working.

The cameras from my link above seemed to be more waterproof and not much more money!

Si

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will take a closer look at the suggestions.

Dave, i did seal up the pollen filter covers but water was still getting in, so last weekend i put windscreen sealant along the top seam that forms the top of the filter housing in the plenum area and then i put sealant in the screw holes for the plenum cover. If that does not fix it then i think i will need to remove the filter housing top cover and check out the lower seal at the bottom of the plenum chamber.

Nigel