anyone going to devils pit sunday 24th feb

tel

I've been there. There are three routes - green, red, and black (cages and helmets only). Like Mo says -it's small, it's poorly marshalled and when I was there the routes were poorly signposted too, so it's easy to go onto a harder one without realising it and in two places one route crosses another where you can't see if anything is coming. One of the marshalls had a young girl with him - maybe 10-12 yrs old and as we came up a slope they were both stood in the middle of the track - where we couldn't see them until it was almost too late. The green route is very easy, and ok if you just want a few bumps and dips. The red is better, but still no nail-biting stuff. The black route looked a lot better, but we weren't able to drive it.

Les.

I have not heard a lot of great things about Devils Pit, which is a shame, as its only a few miles from me.

If your coming from West London, you could try Waddon in Milton Keynes or Tixover in Northamptonshire.

Tixover is awesome, its where Richard Hammond filmed "I am a driving God" in the Bowler Wildcat.

Martin

cheers mate yea ill let you know what i think of it, do any of you fellow london guys do green laning days i could maybe tag along with sometime? been out off off roading for about 7 years so trying to get involved again

i thought being 60 achres it would of been quite big i used to go to chichester and battle when i was a kid there was one at thamesmead east london too that used to be pretty good they seem to be all gone now

Thamesmead has been gone a few years now i used to drive there great site , did Battle as well once lots of fun there .

Paul

• 2 months later...