Parts Manuals on cd

wkw90

Does the Rave CD not work (see link in tech archive)?

I have it loaded on my PC at 'work' ;) , but I was hoping it'd work on my Mac since I've already resigned and the PC's days are numbered... I'll try it asap.

Al.

I have tried it with no luck , some files will open (pdf) others will not .

Parallels, same as VMware, uses the virtual machine approach to create a virtual PC on a MAC OS on which you have install windoze and run it. This means you will have "to put windows on it" - which wkw90 doesn't want to do.

CrossOver, on the other hand, uses a different form of virtualization and uses the open source APIs WINE (more familiar to linux users - see www.winehq.org), so no need for no windoze.

The parts catalog is a simple application that can run on older windozes too, so I think it will run on CrossOver just fine.

Parallels, same as VMware, uses the virtual machine approach to create a virtual PC on a MAC OS on which you have install windoze and run it. This means you will have "to put windows on it" - which wkw90 doesn't want to do.

If Crossover doesn't work, there's also Virtual Box. Its free and similar to VMWare. Been using it on my linux box and it works well.