Range Rover chase on TV

Ryan

This afternoon I caught an episode of The World's Scariest Police Chases on ITV4. You know the ones, with Sheriff John Burnell (retired) - "you can run, but you can't hide" etc :ph34r::lol:

It was already well into the programme as we switched over, and there was this stolen white Range Rover LSE being chased along the highway in California. It went over stop sticks and kept on going. At one point it had lost both front wheels, and I mean completely gone, and it was running on the front axle :o . Apparently it went on like this for another 20 minutes or so - no front traction or steering. It was only when one of the rear tyres exploded that control was lost and it crashed into something immoveable.

Apparently the owner was watching TV while the chase was being played out live on the local news channel :( I don't think she was too happy.

Actually, just caught the end of that clip (different voiceover to the one this afternoon) - the Range Rover went on display at the local dealership and she got a free replacement - talk about product placement!

"Buy a Range Rover, 9 out of 10 thieves recommend them"