Yet another clutch problem!

Hi all

Can anyone help my mate out? He's got a 90 with a 200tdi / Lt77 we replaced the clutch two months ago. This was due to a catastrofic failure, the clutch friction plate rivits and springs were in a big heap in the bell housing - not good. We replaced the friction plate, pressure plate, thrust bearing and fork etc all was well! Now two months later he's experiening similar simptums to before.

He's now experiencing a clicking noise thought to be the rivets being ground off, any ideas? All new parts in there and the job was done right?

Any ideas? :huh:

He's not too bad a driver, badgered him about riding the clutch but his reply to me was to go #### myself. :o

Oh little off roading done since the change just road use?

Did he use quality replacement parts in the rebuild? It sounds unlikely to be the same again just because it is an infrequent problem but poor parts may cause premature failure. I once bought a Cortina for £10 with the same affliction. :)

Chris

badgered him about riding the clutch but his reply to me was to go #### myself

only got himself to blame then & no clutch will take full on abuse like that, go whack him on the leg with a huge lump of wood, perhaps that'll make him take notice of a good mate whose trying to help, although some you just can't help :rolleyes:

Oh boys - I was joking about him riding the clutch he's a tool but not that much of a tool! :lol:

Been under it last night with another mate and it dosn't look like the uj's on both prop shafts have seen much grease in a while. I'nt that right Baz!

Baz been busy putting new'uns in for the guy who should remain nameless! "STEVE!"

I guess thats going to make the drive train a little smoother and less noisy! We'll wait n see if that does the trick!

Did he use quality replacement parts in the rebuild? It sounds unlikely to be the same again just because it is an infrequent problem but poor parts may cause premature failure. I once bought a Cortina for £10 with the same affliction. :)

Chris

Hi Chris

It was a quality item, we may have got to the bottom of it though!

Cheers

He does it on purpose! no grease + Mud = broken down 90! and then he gets to drive a real motor, A Rangey!!

My one to be precise, he wont admit it but he envies the warmth of the heater and the electric windows of my Rangey. Mind you he still opens the drivers window to poke his elbow out of when tackling a mini roundabout!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I thought his name was Dave?

Baz