D2 wheel bearing

jules

does anyone know the toque setting for the CV flange 32mm bolt

I have fitted a new bearing in the eternal hunt to shut up a rumble but created a new one.

(fitting the new wheel bearing didn't change the original intermittent rumble)

I have just driven to Scotland Sunday and back last night which is a 1000 miles round trip and a rumble is very noticeable at 70 but silent at 80 very worrying load at 50 but goes silent when turning right on a motorway.

I can feel it through the floor but not the steering :blink:

when I wiggle the new bearings front drivers wheel I can feel a tiny movement but only the initial pull after that there is no movements at all and all the other wheels don't have any play at all.

(it's the second bearing I have fitted to the car the other side went 30k ago)

I though the noise could be from the front prop but it feel ok

I'm still worried it could have originated from the transfer box.

Jules

Sounds like the same problem i had on the 90 at Kakadu national park.

Have you checked one of the alloys is not buckled. As that what cuased my problems which are the same syptems as yours

Mine was though the floor and not the wheel Hence why i changed the wheel bearing on the side of the road but did nothing.to fox the problem In the end it was the fact one of the front alloys was buckled

Ali

What does the double joint on the front prop feel like? These can cause noises, usually just before you get an expensive bang and a rearranged floor...

:lol:

I have looked but couldn't feel any play like you would in a old prop there was no shiny metal around the UJ's either I greased the propes before I left for Scotland last week but the double jooint has no nipples to greas it.

Do you recon is worth taking off and having a proper look

I've got this week off and I've just worked out why its been so down on power

the intercooler is split so off to look at big ones on the web :rolleyes:

the old girl has been ignored for months so I should have seen this comming.

Well mate take my advise and

service the old girl all the rest will fall in place :):)

the disco is well within service, just I've been ignoring the rumbles and know I should really do something as well as the JE inter-cooler is now hot footing it down to me before good Friday so I can fit it over Easter.

the disco is well within service, just I've been ignoring the rumbles and know I should really do something as well as the JE inter-cooler is now hot footing it down to me before good Friday so I can fit it over Easter.

coor bloody poser