Radiator Hose Plug?

smo

3 or 4 lbs of high exploxsive could work?

Sorry Smo........... I'll get my coat :ph34r:

With the week i've had chasing little electrical gremlins i wouldnt refuse, however she is now working so i need to get some coolant in, and bleed up the power steering too and then i can drive her, for the first time ever!!!!

With the week i've had chasing little electrical gremlins i wouldnt refuse, however she is now working so i need to get some coolant in, and bleed up the power steering too and then i can drive her, for the first time ever!!!!

Try and get the largest piece of flat steel bar or indeed a large cold chisel that will fit in the slot and turn it with an adjustable spanner to undo it... then get one of the nice alloy ones from X-Enginering to replace it with!- you can get a forum discount via the link in SimonR's postings

I think smo is talking about the little plastic screw that is actually moulded into the TD5 top hose. This is what happens when you don't specify what vehicle it is you are talking about. Most of the replies above are about Tdi plastic plugs.

I would leave the screw alone if it doesn't want to come out and take the hose off instead. I you 'screw up' the screw it will be a new top hose and they are very expensive for what they are.

Oh, and the plug in the top of the thermostat housing and the radiator plastic plug on a Tdi are exactly the same size. We replace both with brass items.