200TDi

I have used several of the additives, and I couldn't really tell the difference.....

....but recently, I used the latest one from Redex.....there are several products in the new range, each in a different coloured box (just looked on Halfords website, and cant see the exact name) but the one I got was the most expensive one in a GOLD box....about £15.....but WOW!! I REALLY could feel the difference with this stuff!

I run Redex through the tank every now and again, mainly because that's what i find on the shelf of the petrol station.

I definitely think it has an effect, if i was organised enough, i'd add it all the time.

As the price of diesel goes up, and the price of redex stays the same, it's proportionally cheaper to use - i may have just convinced myself to use it more.

godley, did it actually make a big difference?

i cant help but think its gonna destroy your engine :|

YES!!! It did make a big difference....I didn't measure what effect it had on consumption, but the FEEL of the vehicle was vastly different, everything just felt "lighter" and smoother. Dont know if you know what I mean by lighter, but its how I felt driving then.

I will definitely be using this product again. I would not put additives in all the time though, I would do it every few months or so.

I dont know if you have ever treated your motor to some posh petrol (BP Ultimate or Shell Optimax) but using this Redex additive was more noticable than the difference between using regular fuel & posh. Not that its that easy to tell that difference in a Land Rover, but in my sports car days, I only used to run 99 octane, but once had to put rubbish 95 in from ASDA. The car felt awful & I couldn't wait to finish that tank, just felt too sluggish & unresponsive.

I noticed the opposite of this with the addition of this Redex stuff. Damn, I wish I could remember the exact name for you guys, but cant seem to find it on the net. Just try out the gold packaged one at Halfords......quite dear, but personally, I thought it was worth it.

Martin

Be a little careful as some can be quite corrosive. It shows up in oil analysis (from blow by) as increased lead and tin levels from the bearings ;)

Even had this happen with BP's own cleaner DieselGo.

One brand that I know doesn't do this is Redline's RL2 and 85 Plus.

I dont know if you have ever treated your motor to some posh petrol (BP Ultimate or Shell Optimax)

I once filled my Golf GTI-TDi 150BHP with BP Ultimate and the engine didn't get along with it. I actually found the Golf underperformed with a tank of that so called "Ultimate" diesel. I've not used it since and the Golf, I am pleased to say is long gone too..

The Land Rover uses run of the mill, cheapest diesel and never skips a beat. After reading this Thread, which makes for very interesting reading, I may just try a Redex addative to give the injectors a clean/lube