Where to get / can you get these?

FridgeFreezer

Like this (the spade terminal bit):

555846.jpg

We are needing something to do that job for mounting the fuel pumps and possibly a sender, anyone got suggestions? It needs to be fuel proof but outside that I'm open to suggestions. Don't really want to be epoxying wires into a hole but it may come to it.

I take it this is for the fuel pump on mouse!

I did a similar thing once and made my own, Turned up a top hat piece and a washer with hole through the middle out of hard nylon (think it was a bit of mums old chopping board actually) or anything thats an insulator. Two top hats, one from either side would do the same thing. Then put an O ring grove in the one half to seal against the tank. Put the top hats through a hole in tank, a piece of threaded bar with a couple of nuts either side then attach your wires with eyelets. Its simple but works. Hope I explained that O.K.!

Those plastic bits can be removed from an old fuel sender with some careful coaxing with pliers, drill a hole hole or two and araldited them back in and it's been fine since.

(Needed to do this on mine to have the fuel level connections fitted to the same cap as the EFI fuel pump)

Scribbled it on a piece of paper so you can see what im on about! The stud through the middle wants to be very small (BA or 3mm at most) then you can make it to go through a 6mm hole. The harder the plastic/nylon the better as it all tightens up much nicer. They are a bit fiddly on a big lathe, If you have a small model makers lathe its simple.

post-1274-1206725019_thumb.jpg

Once you have it all in place and tightened up just drop your eyelets and a second nut on either side and your sorted!

I have something like steve has drawn up with an 8mm stud (designed for high currents!) in the garage if that helps? (same as the power feed through the bulkhead on the disco). It hasn't got an o-ring, I'm sure a suitable rubber washer or o-ring could be made attached. Might be a bit too big but can probably send you a couple if you want?

Off to the pub shortly so will have to dig them out later if you are interested......

One last point, I squeezed a bit of good quality RTV type sealant up through the middle of the top hat before putting the threaded bit through but If I needed to do it again I would probably tap thread in the center of the top hat and just use some thread sealant.

Cheers all - I think Jez has a lead, he's found the chap who makes the connectors for ATL, minus the "Formula one spec" markup followed by the Demon Theives markup I think it works out much more reasonably. I guess we'll see what turns up :unsure: